Tuesday 27 December 2011

Champagne Bubbles New Year's Eve Manicure

Well, Christmas is over and I hope you all ate too much and relaxed too much because New Year's Eve is around the corner and we have to prep for parties! With that in mind, I have been brainstorming some New Year's Eve manicures and here is the first one - champagne bubbles! 

This one is understated and beautiful. It's soft, neutral, feminine and delicate with a tad of sparkly glitter to bring it up to new year's eve party level. I used two coats of Deborah Lippmann's Naked as the base.
Usually, I don't like most pinky-beige polishes on me because they can cause the "lobster hand effect" (certain polishes accent the red tones in my skin and my fingers can look straight up creepy - of course, this completely depends on one's skin tone). However, I was surprised to find out that I absolutely love how Naked looks. It kindof creates a mannequin hand...in a good way. It's very flattering as the colour elongates the fingers and the nail beds. 
For the champagne bubbles, I used Deborah Lippmann's Stairway to Heaven. 


I love this glitter. I used it to make a gradient concentrated on the tip of the nail to create the illusion of champagne bubbles rising in a glass. It is in a creamy gel base which is perfect for this manicure because it can easily be made into a gradient on the Naked base without leaving any obvious lines. The chunks of glitter in this polish are square and octagonal and iridescent and change from warm coppers and pinks to watery blues and teals. It's really adorable and I can't wait to try it on different bases. Here are some more pics of the manicure:



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. i have something very similar on my nails right now, nude too but with gold sparkles at the tips! i love the colour you used for these sparkles though! happy nye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! So subtle & elegant- it does look like sweet bubbly Champagne! The perfect glam neutral!

    ReplyDelete