Wednesday 20 June 2012

American Apparel X Beauty School Dropouts

My set up

Last Saturday, I spent the afternoon at American Apparel in the Rideau Centre doing fun manicures all day. I had access to all of AA's nail polishes (amazing colours) and the manicures were free! 


The spread


I genuinely love working with AA polishes - they have amazing colours that go on very opaque (an important quality in a polish), have bold and awesome glitters, and perfect neons. The possibilities were endless! I had such an amazing time painting everyone's nails and making your nail-art ideas happen! Check out some manicures below with the corresponding AA polishes.

For this leopard print manicure, I used Gold Flash for the base, Cocoa for the spots, and Hassid for the accents. 



For this blue rose manicure, I used Summer Peach for the base, American Denim and Mount Royal for the rose, Crescent Heights for the leaves, and Hassid for the accents. 



For this adorable fairy nails manicure, I used Coney Island for the base, Light Year glitter on the tips, and T-Shirt for the tiny bow on the ring fingers. 



For this girly bow manicure, I used Angeline as the base and Hassid for the bows.



This lovely girl was headed to the Carivibe Festival and wanted to represent Jamaica on her nails - this is what I came up with! I love these nails. I used Hasid, Neon Green, and Sunshine State




For these rose nails, I used Mount Royal as the base, Poppy and Rouge for the rose, Crescent Heights for the leaves and Coney Island for the accents.



Love the twist on the classic French Manicure here...I used Dance as the base and Gold Flash as the tips.



I absolutely love this version of the Lana del Rey manicure! This manicure is universally flattering and has an uber-cool factor thanks to the lady who first wore it. I used Dance as the base, Passport Blue on the tips, and Gold Flash for the accents. 


What a great day! Plus, being surrounded by AA clothes was not so horrible either...other than the fact that I was tempted to spend my entire life savings on summer clothes ;)

Can't wait to do this again! Thanks to all the ladies who came out and the superb AA employees who helped make my day awesome.

Thanks for having me!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment