Wednesday 7 March 2012

Thigh High Stockings Nails

I love taking manicures to the next level by adding cool details on the tips. With the popularity of the Lana Del Rey manicure, I have definitely fallen in love with keeping my nails pretty simple except for some special design on the tip. It's all about taking the classic French manicure (yawn) and shaking it up with a modern and feminine twist. These two manicures remind me of thigh high stockings, so that's what I've chosen for the name. Plus, who wouldn't want to sport the spicy playfulness of thigh high stockings on their fingertips? Count me in!

The first variation of this manicure is in black, with a line of black polka dots.
For this manicure, I used Essie's Sand Tropez and Deborah Lippmann's Fade to Black. 





The other version I came up with is red with scalloping - which creates a lace-y look.

For this varation, I used Deborah Lippmann's Naked and China Glaze's China Red.






Ooh la la! 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your posts make me want to do my nails in fun ways everyday! I am definitely planning to do a version of this one over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some this might actually look cute and sexy.It's not working that well for me.I don't like the way it turned out.It almost looks like you got a bunch of dirt on your nails especially the black kind.

    ReplyDelete